Dr. Andrew Lukyamuzi is an IT specialists who holds a PhD in computing from Mbarara University of Science and Technology. He holds a Master’s degree in Computer Science from Makerere University and a Bachelor of Science degree majoring in Physics from Makerere University. He also holds a Diploma in Computer Science from Kyambogo University (Former UPK). He is currently a lecturer of Computer Science, Department of Computer science, Faculty of Science and Education, Busitema University - Uganda. Dr. Lukyamuzi has over 20 years' working experience in teaching at higher education and IT support services. Before joining Busitema University, he served as an IT Support Officer at Makerere University for over five year since 2003.
He is an external examiner at Faculty of Computing and Informatics, Mbarara University of Science and Technology specifically involved in assessing Masters Theses. He is involved in research supervision at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels and has published several papers in peer reviewed and open access sites. His areas of teaching at higher education include Modeling and Simulation Data Structures and Algorithms, Computational Mathematics, Network/System Administration, Computer Graphics, Operational Research and Discrete Mathematics
His areas of research include Modeling and Simulation, Technological innovations to address learner and educator concerns and Applying Data Science to address SDGs. Outside academia, Dr. Andrew has served as the Chairperson Resource mobilization for the community church St. Paul sub-parish –St. Kizito Parish Bwaise; Patron to student catholic community at Faculty of Science and education campus Nagongera and is a member to the Big-Dream drama group.
- Lukyamuzi, A., Ngubiri, J. and Okori, W., 2020. Towards Ensemble Learning for Tracking Food Insecurity From News Articles. International Journal of System Dynamics Applications (IJSDA), 9(4), pp.129-142. [Journal article]
- Lukyamuzi, A., Ngubiri, J., & Okori, W. (2020). Polarity and Similarity Measures Towards Classifying an Article on Food Insecurity. International Journal of Technology and Management, 5(2), 1-10. [Journal article]
- Moses, B., & Lukyamuzi, A. (2020). A Flexible Student Assessment System for Continuous Performance Monitoring. International Journal of Technology and Management, 5(2), 1-22. [Journal article]
- Lukyamuzi, A., Ngubiri, J., & Okori, W. (2019, October). Topic Based Machine Learning Summarizer. In 2019 IEEE International Smart Cities Conference (ISC2) (pp. 288-291). IEEE. [Conference paper]
- Lukyamuzi, A., Ngubiri, J., & Okori, W. (2018, May). Tracking food insecurity from tweets using data mining techniques. In Proceedings of the 2018 International Conference on Software Engineering in Africa (pp. 27-34). Available in Journal of ACM (JACM). [Conference paper]
- Lukyamuzi, A., Ngubiri, J. and Okori, W., 2015. Towards Harnessing Phone Messages and Telephone Conversations for Prediction of Food Crisis. International Journal of System Dynamics Applications (IJSDA), 4(4), pp.1-16. [Journal article]
Lecturer Busitema University
- Modeling and Simulation
- Technological innovations to address learner and educator concerns
- Applying Data Science to address SDGs.