Dr. Kigozi Moses has a PhD in Materials Science and Engineering (Energy) from the African University of Science and Technology (AUST) in Abuja, Nigeria (2021). He completed his postdoctoral research for 6 months with International Advanced Research Center for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials (ARCI) in June – November 2022. He also has a master of Science in Chemistry from Makerere University (2015) and a Bachelor of Science technology – Chemistry from Kyambogo University, Uganda (2007). Moses joined Busitema University as a Chief Technician in 2010 and currently serves as a lecturer in the same university in the Department of Chemistry. After his bachelor’s degree, he worked in several industries before joining a public University which includes; Kampala Pharmaceutical industries limited as a quality control chemist (2007 - 2008), Rene Pharmaceutical industries as a production chemist (2008 – 2009) and MOVIT cosmetic production company as the first quality controller (2009 – 2010). A Fellow of ARCI Hyderabad India (2019 – 2020). He was also a fellow of International Training in food safety (ITP) at Ghent University, Belgium (2013). His research interests are in Materials synthesis for energy storage and water purification, Materials and minerals characterization, Analytical/environmental chemistry, product quality control and quality assurance, nanomaterials technology application, laboratory management, and consultation.
Green Synthesis of Graphene nano-dots and carbon-based nanomaterials from biomass as electrodes for super capacitors and batteries energy storage application
- Baba, S. B., Kigozi, M., & Katari, N. K. (2022). Applications of Nanotechnology and Nanodevices for the Early-Stage Detection of Cancer Cells. Smart Nanodevices for Point-of-Care Applications, 209–220.
- Moses Kigozi, Blessing N Ezealigo, Azikiwe Peter Onwualu, Nelson Y Dzade (2021). Hydrothermal synthesis of metal oxide composite cathode materials for high energy application. In: Ezema F.i., Lokhhande C.D., (eds) Chemically Deposited Nanocrystalline Metal Oxide Thin Films. Springer, Chem, Pp 489-508.
- Kigozi, M., Kali, R., Bello, A., Padya, B., Kalu-uka, G. M., Wasswa, J., Jain, P. K., Onwualu, P. A., & Dzade, N. Y. (2020). Modified Activation Process for Supercapacitor Electrode Materials from African Maize Cob. Materials, 13(5412), 1–21.
- Kigozi, M., Koech, R. K., Kingsley, O., Ojeaga, I., Tebandeke, E., Kasozi, G., & Onwualu, P. A. (2020). Synthesis and characterization of graphene oxide from locally mined graphite flakes and its supercapacitor applications _ Elsevier Enhanced Reader.pdf. Results in Materials, 100113.
- Moses Kigozi, Richard K Koech, Kingsley Orisekeh, Ravi Kali, Omar L M Kamoga, Balaji Padya, Abdulhakeem Bello, Pawan Kumar Jain, Azikiwe Peter Onwualu, Nelson Y Dzade, (2021). Porous carbon derived from Zea mays cobs as excellent electrodes for supercapacitor applications. Under review in Biomass and bioenergy.
- Otoijamun, I.; Kigozi, M.; Abdulraman, S.O.; Adetunji, A.R.; Onwualu, A.P. (2021), Fostering the Sustainability of Artisanal and Small-Scale Mining (ASM) of Barite in Nasarawa State, Nigeria. Sustainability 13, 5917.
- Otoijamun, I., Kigozi, M., Adetunji, A. R., & Onwualu, P. A. (2021). Characterization and Suitability of Nigerian Barites for Different Industrial Applications. MDPI Minerals, 71(360).Koech, R. K., Ichwani, R., Oyewole, D. O., Kigozi, M., Amune, D., Sanni, D. M., Adeniji, S. A., Oyewole, O. K., Bello, A., Ntsoenzok, E., & Soboyejo, W. O. (2021). Tin Oxide Modified Titanium Dioxide as Electron Transport Layer in Formamidinium-Rich Perovskite Solar Cells. Energies 2021, Vol. 14, Page 7870, 14(23), 7870.
- Kalu-Uka, G. M., Kumar, S., Kalu-Uka, A. C., Vikram, S., Okorafor, O. O., Kigozi, M., Ihekweme, G. O., & Onwualu, A. P. (2021). Prospects for biodiesel production from Macrotermes nigeriensis: Process optimization and characterization of biodiesel properties. Biomass and Bioenergy, 146(February), 105980.
- Orisekeh, K., Singh, B., Olanrewaju, Y., Kigozi, M., Ihekweme, G., Umar, S., Anye, V., Bello, A., Parida, S., & Soboyejo, W. O. (2020). Processing of α-Fe2O3 Nanoparticles on Activated Carbon Cloth as Binder-Free Electrode Material for Supercapacitor Energy Storage. Journal of Energy Storage, July, 102042.
- Bello, A., Sanni, D. M., Adeniji, S. A., Anye, V., Orisekeh, K., Kigozi, M., & Koech, R. (2020). Combustion synthesis of battery-type positive electrodes for robust aqueous hybrid supercapacitor. Journal of Energy Storage, 27, 101160.
- Koech, R. K., Kigozi, M., Bello, A., Onwualu, P. A., & Soboyejo, W. O. (2019). Recent advances in solar energy harvesting materials with particular emphasis on photovoltaic materials. IEEE PES/IAS PowerAfrica Conference: Power Economics and Energy Innovation in Africa, PowerAfrica 2019, 627–632.
- Moses Kigozi (2019), SEM-EDX characterization of Graphene oxide from locally mined graphite flakes, conference paper “1st US-Africa forum on Nanotechnology convergence 08/2019 in South Africa
- Kigozi Moses, John Wasswa, Muhammad Ntale, and Peter Nkedi-Kizza (2016). Characterization and hydrocarbon identification of liquid fuel from mixed plastic waste plastics at different time intervals”. ISSN 2229-5515 www.ijser.org/researchpaper/Characterization-and-Hydrocarbon-Identification-of-Liquid-Fuel-from-Mixed-Waste-Plastics-at-Different-Heating-Time-Intervals.pdf
- Moses Kigozi, (2016). Hazard identification of organochlorine pesticide residues, a case study of tomatoes and carrots from selected markets in central Uganda”. Vol 4, issue 8, ISSN 2320-9178.
- Moses Kigozi (2015). Production and characterization of liquid fuel from mixed plastic wastes by catalytic pyrolysis, Makerere University 2014(MSc thesis) DOI:
- Moses Kigozi (2015). Quantitative risk assessment of organo-chlorine pesticide residues in Tomatoes and Carrots in central markets in Uganda. ITP food safety, faculty of Bioengineering Ghent University
- Moses Kigozi (2008). Chemical composition analysis of the three salt grades from Lake Katwe, Kasese District western Uganda. The 4th Science Symposium of Mbarara University of Science and Technology.
- Moses Kigozi (2008). Purification and iodization of Lake Katwe salt, Kasese District, western Uganda, Science Symposium at Mbarara University of Science and Technology.
- Kigozi, M., Kasozi, G. N., Mohite, S. B., Zamisa, S., Karpoormath, R., Kirabira, J. B., Tebandeke, E., Baptist, J., & Emmanuel, K. &. (2023). Non-emission hydrothermal low-temperature synthesis of carbon nanomaterials from poly (ethylene terephthalate) plastic waste for excellent supercapacitor applications. Green Chemistry Letters and Reviews, 16(1), 1–19.
- Moses, K., Richard K, K.,Kingsley,O., Ravi, K.,Omar LM, K., Balaji, P., Abdulhakeem, B., Gabriel N, K., Pawan Kumar, J., John Baptist,K., Azikiwe Peter, O., & Nelson Y, D.(2023). Porous carbon derived from Zea mays cobs as excellent electrodes for supercapacitor applications. Open Journal of Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, 7(1), 001–010.
- Kigozi, Moses, Blessing N. Ezealigo, Gabriel N. Kasozi, Emmanuel Tebandeke, and John Baptist Kirabira. 2022. “The Science of High-Energy Graphene Oxide–Based Materials for Hybrid Energy Storage Applications.” Pp. 151–92 in Graphene Oxide in Enhancing Energy Storage Devices. Boca Raton: CRC Press
- Bello, Abdulhakeem, Ridwan A. Ahmed, Richard. K. Koech, Kingsley Orisekeh, Dahiru M. Sanni, Moses Kigozi, Vitalis Anye, Oluwaseun K. Oyewole, and Winston O. Soboyejo. 2022. “The Mechanical Properties of Batteries and Supercapacitors.” Reference Module in Materials Science and Materials Engineering.
- Koech, R. K., Olanrewaju, Y. A., Ichwani, R., Kigozi, M., Oyewole, D. O., Oyelade, O. V, Sanni, D. M., Adeniji, S. A., Colin-Ulloa, E., Titova, L. V, Martin, J. L., Grimm, R. L., Bello, A., Oyewole, O. K., Ntsoenzok, E., & Soboyejo, W. O. (2021.). Effects of polyethylene oxide particles on the photo-physical properties and stability of FA-rich perovskite solar cells. Scientific Reports |, 12, 12860.
- Koech, R. K., Ichwani, R., Oyewole, D. O., Kigozi, M., Amune, D., Sanni, D. M., Adeniji, S. A., Oyewole, O. K., Bello, A., Ntsoenzok, E., & Soboyejo, W. O. (2021). Tin Oxide Modified Titanium Dioxide as Electron Transport Layer in Formamidinium-Rich Perovskite Solar Cells. Energies 2021, Vol. 14, Page 7870, 14(23), 7870.
- Conversion of Biomass waste into graphene oxide at the 1st US-Africa forum on nanotechnology convergence for sustainable Energy, water, and Environment at the University of South Africa (UNISA) 11th - 15th/August 2019, Johannesburg South Africa
- Recent advances in solar energy harvesting materials with particular emphasis on photovoltaic materials - 2019 IEEE PES/IAS Power Africa21st to 22rd August 2019 - Abuja Nigeria
- Carbon materials for energy storage
- Thin films and nanomaterials for water, air, and oil applications
- Biomaterials and nanoparticles for drug delivery
- New materials characterization and applications
- DFT simulation and modeling of materials surfaces
- Food safety, quality assurance, and risk assessments
- Science and Innovation projects
- Fabrication of Energy storage devices (Batteries, porch cells, coin cells, supercapacitors, hybrid)