Muhamadi Kaweesi holds a PhD in Educational Management from Makerere University, East African School of High Education Studies and development (EASHESD), a Masters in Educational Foundations and Management From Makerere University College of Education; a Masters in Management studies from Uganda Management Institute (UMI), a Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management from Uganda Management Institute (UMI), and Bachelors of arts with Education, majoring in Economics from the Islamic University in Uganda (IUIU). He is currently a lecturer in the Department of Education, Faculty of Science and Education, Busitema University - Uganda. He has also acted as the head of department since March, 2022 in the same department. He has over 15 years' working experience in teaching and research at higher education. Before he joined Busitema University, he was a Senior Lecturer at IUIU, Faculty of Education where he headed the Department of Educational Management and Administration (2010 -2015), acted as Deputy Dean (2010 – 2013), coordinated the Post Graduate Diploma in Educational Management (PGDEMA) Long Distance Learning Programme in Somaliland (Hargeisa) and Puntland Garowe) from 2011 to 2014, and acted as an Educational Consultant for Africa Educational Trust (AET-Nairobi) on Issues of Educational Leadership and Management in Somalia. Dr. Kaweesi has also lectured at the Bugema University Graduate School as a part timer (2018 to 2019), is a visiting lecturer at the University of Bosaso-Garoe in Puntland, and was a visiting Lecturer at the University of Peace (U-Peace)- Mogadishu-Somalia in 2019. He also served as secondary school economics Teacher at Mbogo Mixed Secondary School-Wakiso District (2000- 2004) and Kampala High School-Kampala District (2003-2007) where he headed the Department of Economics.
- Muhamadi Kaweesi1*, Aisha Mbeya2, and Musa Kasiita3 (2022). Effect of SESEMAT Program on Professional Competency of Mathematics and Science Teachers: A Case of In-Service Secondary School Teachers in Busoga Region, Uganda. Direct Research Journal of Education and Vocational Studies. Vol. 4(4) Pp. 123-130 June 2022 ISSN 2734-2174 DOI:
- Richard Kasirye, Muhamadi Kaweesi, Dennis Zami Atibuni, David Kani Olema (2021). From Business to Service: A Call for Strategic Remediation of Higher Education Lag during COVID-19 Pandemic through Competence Based Education. Uganda Higher Education Review. Journal of the National Council for Higher Education Vol. 9, Issue 2, August 2021 P.72-86). (Journal Editor)
- Abdu Kakaire, Salina Khalid, Muhamadi Kaweesi, David Ssekamatte. (2021). Corporate Social Responsibility and Its Role in Enhancing Competitiveness and Growth of the Private Sector in Developing Economies: Implications for Policy and Practice. The International Journal of Business & Management. Vol 9 Issue 12 P. 162 – 167 DOI No.: 10.24940/theijbm/2021/v9/i12/BM2112-020. December 2021 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Muhamadi Kaweesi1, David Kani Olema2, Dennis Zami Atibuni3, and Deborah Manyiraho4 (2022). Stakeholders’ Perspectives on Transformative Teaching and
- Learning in the Face of COVID-19: A Case of Busitema University-Faculty of Science and Education. Direct Research Journal of Education and Vocational Studies Vol. 4(5), Pp. 149-159. ISSN 2734-2174.
- Emokol Francis, Muweesi Charles*, Namisi Moses, Musiime Joseline, Kaweesi Muhamadi (2022). Assessment of Student’s Engagement on the Utilization of NCDC Home-study Learning Materials during COVID-19 Lockdown; A Case Study of Senior Two Class of St. Peter’s College Tororo. American Journal of Educational Research, 2022, Vol. 10, No. 6, 409-412. DOI:10.12691/education-10-6-6
- Kaweesi, M. (2020). The Nature of and Motive for Academic Research in Higher Education: a sub-Saharan African Perspective. International Journal of African Higher Education, 6(1), 1-25.
- Muhamadi Kaweesi (2018). The culture-research nexus: Stakeholders’ perceptions of the Connection between Disciplinary Cultures and Research Choices in Higher Education. African Journal of Education and Practice, [S.l.], v. 3, n. 3, p. 1 -22, nov. 2018. ISSN 2519-0296.
- Muhamadi Kaweesi (2018). Scholarly Conceptions of the Nature of Academic Research in Universities: A Literature Review. INTERDISCIPLINARY JOURNAL OF EDUCATION, Vol. 1, No. 2, 208-229 December 2018.
- Muhamadi Kaweesi (2018). Disciplinary Cultures that Underlie Academic Disciplines at Makerere University: Implications for Academic Research. JOURNAL OF EDUCATION & ENTREPRENEURSHIP ISSN: 2636-4794 (Print), ISSN: 2636-4778 (Online)Vol. 5, N0.4, 51-76; 2018
- Muhamadi Kaweesi (2018). Lead Researchers’ Voices on the Nature and Motive of Academic Research at Makerere University. JOURNAL OF SOCIAL AND POLITICAL SCIENCES Vol.1, No.4, 465-484.DOI: 10.31014/aior.1991.01.04.35
- Muhamadi Kaweesi (2018) Academic Staff Research Orientations. A Sub-Saharan African Perspective. INTERDISCIPLINARY JOURNAL OF EDUCATION (IJE), [S.l.], v. 1, n. 1, p. 62-84, may 2018. ISSN 2616-9096.
- Muhamadi kaweesi (2016). Leadership Skills in Complex Collegial Adult Groups-in: Applied Chaos and Complexity Theory in Education. DOI: 10.4018/978-1-5225-0460-3.ch014 (pages 209-229)
- Muhamadi Kaweesi (2016). Decision Making and Problem Solving in Higher Educational Institutions. In: Applied Chaos and Complexity Theory in Education 2016 |Pages: 16 DOI: 10.4018/978-1-5225-0460-3.ch015
- He was the lead during the development of the curriculum of the programme titled “Postgraduate Diploma in Higher Education Pedagogy -PGDHEP). This programmes that targets staff working at Higher Education has already been okayed by the High Degrees Committee and forwarded to NCHE for Accreditation. I was in the lead during the review of the Bachelor of Education (BEP-Primary) Curriculum which has already been forwarded to the National Council for Higher Education for consideration
- He is the compliance officer of Masters’ theses. This activity is aimed at ensuring that all dissertations conform to the Busitema University research guidelines and Standards before candidates can graduate.
- He is a member of the Welfare Committee of Faculty of Science and Education
- He is a project team member in a project in which Faculty of Science and Education, Department of Education – Busitema University has partnered with Makerere University, School of Education titled, “imparting entrepreneurship skills in universal secondary education learners through student training for entrepreneurial promotion”. The objective of this project is to train young people in self-employment as a viable employment option, given the widespread youth unemployment in the country.
- He is a UNITE (Uganda National Institute of Teacher education) curriculum developer for the Entrepreneurship subject for Bachelors students.
- He is a project team member in a project in which Faculty of Science and Education, Department of Education – Busitema University has partnered with Makerere University, School of Education, College of Education and External Studies (CEES) titled, “Kampala Ghetto Youth Training for Entrepreneur Promotion” The objective of this project is train Ghetto youth in action-oriented Entrepreneurship skills.
- Educational planning;
- Educational policy;
- Human resource management;
- Sociology of education,
- Economics of education,
- Qualitative research methods,
- Philosophy of education,
- Organizational behavior in education,
- Comparative education;
- Educational marketing and entrepreneurship;
- Strategic management